Greenland is the world’s largest island with a population of 56,025 (July 1st, 2018) and is the most spacious territory in the world. 81% of Greenland is covered by ice. Roughly 1/3 of the population lives in capital Nuuk. The GDP is around $2.5 billion US, and there are more than 4,000 registered companies in Greenland.
Greenland is geographically located on the North American continent, but is a part of the Danish National Community and the two countries are still united on affairs concerning foreign and defence policies, currency (Danish Krone), raw materials, the police and the courts, but Greenland is not a part of the European Union.
When Self Rule was introduced on June 21st, 2009, Greenlandic was made the nation’s official language and other legal rights and benefits were introduced.
Today, Greenland is acquiring an increasingly international outlook in terms of politics and business towards its adventure of becoming a fully selfsubstained economy and nation.
- 97% of the population have one or more desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets or smartphones at home.
- 92% of the population have access to the internet (71% from their home and 21% from elsewhere).
- 65% of the population prefers communicating electronically with the public.
- 58% of the population accesses the internet from their smartphone every day.
- 51% of the population accesses the internet from a computer at home every day.
- 52% of the population use their computer every day at home.